Ready in: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato)
- 8 oz of clam juice (or shellfish stock)
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use halibut, cod, sole, sea bass, shark, orange roughy), cut into 2-inch pieces
- Touch of dry oregano, Tabasco, thyme, pepper
- 2 tsp of tomato paste.
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add parsley and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, tomato paste and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, less than 10 minutes.
- Add seasoning.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.