Ready in: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup sliced cremini or button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 6-8 ounce tilapia fillets
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute more.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring sauce to boiling.
- ntly place the fish fillets in the pan and scoop some of the sauce over the fillets.
- Return to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- With a wide spatula, lift fish from skillet to a serving dish.
- Spoon sauce over fish.
- Serve with rice, and/or crusty bread.