Prep Time 25 Min.
Cook Time 15 Min.
Ready In 12 Hrs 40 Min.
Planked salmon is a method of cooking and smoking salmon that has been used for many years. Make sure to use natural (no preservatives) red cedar. The salmon is slow cooked, which produces a rich, smoky flavor. Guests enjoy the wonderful taste of this specially prepared salmon.
- 24x8x1 inch untreated cedar plank
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- Submerge untreated cedar plank in water.
- Soak approximately 12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Place prepared plank on the grill, and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Cover grill and heat plank 2 to 3 minutes, until dry.
- Adjust grill temperature for medium heat.
- Rub salmon filets with olive oil.
- Arrange on the plank.
- Top salmon with red onion, lemon slices and black peppercorns.
- Cook salmon, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, or until opaque and easily flaked with a fork.