Prep Time 20 Min.
Cook Time 20 Min.
Ready In 6 Hrs 40 Min.
These are salmon fillets in a tasty, tangy sauce with a little heat! Serve with rice and a simple stir-fry of baby corn, shiitake mushrooms and snow peas.
- 8 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place salmon filets in a medium, nonporous glass dish.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the peanut oil, soy sauce, vinegar, green onions, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and salt.
- Whisk together well, and pour over the fish.
- Cover and marinate the fish in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare an outdoor grill with coals about 5 inches from the grate, and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill the fillets 5 inches from coals for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at the thickest part, or until fish just flakes with a fork.
- Turn over halfway through cooking.