- 1 pkg (7-10oz/200-300gm) Halloumi cheese
- 2 boned, skinned whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram or oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Cut 3/4 of the Halloumi cheese into 8 strips.
- Finely grate the rest and set aside.
- Divide each chicken breast in half, put each half between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound them with a flat side of a mallet until anout 1/4 inch thick.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the olive oil, garlic and herbs.
- Spread the mixture generously across each piece of chicken , then lay a strip of Halloumi over it.
- Fold the chicken over the filling, then roll it up to form a closed bundle.
- In a shallow plate, combine grated Halloumi with bread crumbs.
- Put the remaining olive oil in a small bowl and dip each bundle in oil, then roll it in breadcrumbb mixture until well coated.
- Place bundles in greased baking pan, drizzle over them any remaining oil, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F and bake 20 minutes or until lightly golden.