- 4 x Sirloin steaks (3/4 lb each)
- 3/4 lb Lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup Fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbl Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbl Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Butter
- Popular in Holland, these steak roll-ups, which resemble small birds, are often prepared by the butcher and cooked at home. Buy steaks that are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Between 2 pieces of waxed paper, pound steaks to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 8X4 inch pieces. combine pork, bread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice, pepper, salt and nutmeg. Shape into 8 balls. Place one portion of pork at short end of each steak. Roll up steaks to enclose pork. Tie rolls with string at 1 inch intervals. In large heavy bottomed Dutch oven or 2 skillets, melt butter over high heat; brown roll-ups all over, in batches.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally or until pork is no longer pink. To serve, remove string, slice and spoon pan juices over top.