- 1 x dungeness crab - (2 to 2 lbs) thawed if necessary
- 2 slc bacon diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tbl flour
- 3 cup cooked rice
- 1 can tomatoes - (14 1/2 to 16 oz) undrained
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp thyme crushed
- Lift off back shell of crab. Remove and discard viscera and gills. Rinse crab thoroughly under cool, running water. Break off legs; crack along edges. Cut legs into serving-sized pieces. Break body section into several pieces; remove meat and reserve.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining ingredients except crab meat; break up tomatoes with spoon. Cook 5 minutes; stir occasionally. Stir in reserved crab meat.
- Arrange cracked crab legs over rice mixture. Cover and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until crab is thoroughly heated.
- This recipe yields 4 to 5 servings.
- Comments: Serve with small forks and extra napkins. Nice served with crusty French bread.