- 1 lb cod fillets
- 2 x cucumbers peeled, seeded, and cut on bias into thin strips
- 1 cup Orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 8 x lettuce leaves
- 4 x lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp diced red bell pepper
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the blue cheese salad dressing with the lemon zest and lemon juice; hold aside.
- Broil or saute the cod fillets, turning 1 time until cooked through. Fish should be opaque but barely translucent in the center. Cooking time will vary depending on cooking method and thickness of fish, but should take between 4 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil, add the orzo and cook to al dente (about 8 to 10 minutes). Cool by running under cold water. Drain well and set aside.
- Flake the cooled cod fillets. Place cod flakes, cucumber slices and orzo in a mixing bowl. Add the dressing mixture and green onion slices; mix well. Taste, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves each on 4 chilled plates. Divide the salad among the 4 plates. Garnish with 1 teaspoon of red bell pepper and 1 lemon wedge; serve.