Estimated Cooking time: 1 to 2 hours
- 1 kilo beef, cut into 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" cubes
- 8 potatoes cut the same size as the beef
- 1 bundle Pechay (Bok choy) cut into 2 pieces
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- 5 onions, diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons of patis (fish sauce)
- 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 10 corns of black pepper
- 1 liter of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a big casserole, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Add the cabbage then the pechay. Do not over cook the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve steaming hot in a bowl and plain white rice.
- You can substitute the beef with chicken (chicken stew) or pork (pork stew) for variety.