Estimated cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 kilo pork loin, sliced into pieces
- 1 small can pineapple chunks
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 red & 1 green bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- In a pot, boil pork in 2 cups of water with 1/2 teaspoon of salt until tender, then drain (keep the pork stock for later).
- Mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and soy sauce then coat the pork with the cornstarch mixture.
- Fry the pork in a skillet until golden brown, set aside.
- Dissolve the remaining 2 tablespoons of cornstarch on 1/2 cup of pork stock - set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onions on oil, then add the bell peppers, pineapple chunks (including the syrup), ketchup, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the dissolved cornstarch. Stir until sauce thickens.
- Pour over fried pork then serve with rice.