Remove heads, tentacles and ink bags of several medium-sized squids or calamares. Clean each
thoroughly and season the cavity with a little salt.
Stuff the cavities with the following:
- 1/2 cup boiled shrimps, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chicken and pork meat, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup soft crumbs soaked in milk
- 1 or 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix ingredients in the order given and stuff squids cavities well up to neck.
- Replace heads and sew in place.
- Place squids in a shallow pan, over with mixture of 2 cups water, 2 tablespoons shortening, chopped garlic, chopped onions and chopped tomatoes.
- Salt to taste.
- Simmer gently until calamares are cooked and liquuid reduced to alomost half.
- Remove stuffed squids and serve with sauce strained over them.