Estimated cooking time: 35 minutes
- 1/4 kilo pork with fat, cut into small pieces
- 2 Amapalya (bitter melons) sliced to bite size pieces
- 2 eggplants, sliced to bite size pieces
- 5 pieces of okra, cut in two
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 onions, diced
- 5 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, crushed and sliced
- 4 tablespoons bagoong isda or bagoong alamang
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a cooking pan, heat oil and fry the pork until brown, remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, saute garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes.
- In a casserole, boil water and add bagoong.
- Add the pork in the casserole and mix in the sautéed garlic, onion, ginger and tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in all the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are done, careful not to overcook.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with plain rice.