- 1 cup malunggay leaves (if you can't get this, try spinach or kangkong -[swamp cabbage, watercress can also substitute for it - Ken.])
- 1 cup squash, cubed
- 1 cup upo (gourd), sliced [substitute with zucchini - Ken]
- 1 cup tokwa (tofu), cubed and fried (don't fry for a lower-fat dish)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup water
- Mix tomatoes, onion, and squash in a deep sauce pan or pot.
- Add water and boil.
- After 5 minutes cooking, add tokwa and upo.
- When the upo is almost tender, add malunggay and cook 2 minutes longer or until malunggay leaves are wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste (or instead of salt, you can add patis, it will give a better flavour).
- Garnish with fresh tomatoes and cilantro or kinchay (Chinese celery).