- 4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 3 cups corn starch
- 5 cups cooking oil
- 1 cup flour
- salt and monosodium glutamate ( MSG) to taste
- 1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
- Wash kangkong and drain leaves thoroughly.
- Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water ( batter mixture ).
- Mix until smooth in consistency.
- Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium.
- Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves.
- Serve with sauce on the side.