- 1 egg
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup feta cheese* (white cheese), crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch crushed pepper
- Melt the butter in a small skillet.
- Place the feta cheese and parsley mixture in it.
- Make a hole at the centre and break the egg in it.
- Cook over medium-low heat with the lid.
- Check the egg often, don't overcook the yolk.
- Sprinkle oregano, crushed pepper, salt and pepper over it.
- Serve for breakfast with fresh Turkish bread.
- If you like, you can also have it as a light lunch; serve with Mixed Green Salad with Yogurt Dressing on the side.
Always keep Feta Cheese in a container with spring water to absorb the salt.