Preparation time less than 30 mins.
Cooking time 30 mins to 1 hour.
- 500g/1lb 2oz sliced chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sweet curry powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced finely
- 1 cup pepper, sliced and roasted
- ½ cup spring onions, sliced
- 290ml/½ pint cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the flour and curry powder together in a plastic bag. Add the chicken pieces to the bag and coat thoroughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, when hot, add the chicken pieces and cook until browned. Remove and drain.
- Wash the pan, add more oil and when hot, add the spring onions and pepper then cook until just starting to get tender.
- Add the chicken and the cream and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring gently occasionally.
- Stir in the mushrooms and avocado, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and parmesan. Remove from the heat and let it rest for 3 minutes before serving on heated plates.