Serves 5 - 6.
- 6 - 8 Flying fish
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 2 Hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Brown gravy
- 1 Beaten egg
- Fluffed English or sweet potato or yam
- Flying fish is a fish found in the Caribbean waters. It's rather like a herring.
- Scale, bone and fillet it, season down between the flesh with minced onion, hot pepper, salt and pepper and parsley.
- Dip in egg and breadcrumbs and fry quickly on both sides till cooked; do not over fry.
- Grease a casserole or open dish; arrange half of the fish in this, followed by a layer of onion, tomato and hard boiled egg.
- Repeat another layer of everything.
- Make a brown gravy and pour over this.
- Top with fluffed potato.
- Bake in oven 350º-400º for 30 - 40 minutes.