A recipe, original from India, brought to Surinam by immigrants from that country, prepared with the typical touch that makes it Surinamese!
Serves 4 - 6.
- potatoes, 1 lb.
- salt, add to taste.
- sugar, half teaspoon.
- masala (curry) powder 1 table spoon.
- sunflower (corn) oil, 2 table spoons.
- garlic, 1- 2 cloves.
- Onion, small - medium; diced.
- Peel the patatoes and cut into four pieces.
- Heat the oil, add the onion and garlic; fry untill glazed.
- Add the masala under stirring.
- After doing this, add immediately the potatoes and water untill these are just covered.
- Also add the sugar and salt (salt to taste).
- Cook with medium heat untill the potatoes are tender.