- Fish, cleaned & scaled
- Salt to taste
- hot pepper to taste
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Thyme
- Scorch the fish on both sides.
- Grind pepper & salt together & rub on fish.
- Squeeze lime juice over & set aside for about 2 hours.
- Remove fish from lime juice.
- Place fish on smoking hot oil in frying pan & fry on both sides until brown.
- Set aside in a dish.-pour off all fat except 2 T.
- Add onion & sauté until wilted.
- Pour in tomato, cook for about 3 min.
- Add thyme & 1 pint of water & allow to boil for about 5 min.
- Season to taste.
- Add fried fish & continue to boil for 10 min.