Yield: 4 servings.
- Fish filets cut into serving portions 2 pounds
- Lime or lemon juice 1/4 cup
- Garlic minced 4-5 cloves
- Salt 2 teaspoons
- Cayenne pepper 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Place the fish filets in a non-reactive container large enough to fit them comfortably. In another bowl, mix together the lime or lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne. Pour over the fish filets and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the fish filets from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Fry the filets in the hot oil until browned on each side and serve hot with rice and sukuma wiki (see Greens recipe variations).