- 3 pounds (1 1/5 kilograms) lamb or goat meat
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 6 turnips
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 teaspoons olive or maize oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 330 deg. F (160 deg. C).
- Slice the garlic cloves in half, lengthwise. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1 inch (3 cm) dices.
- Use a sharp knife to trim the fat from the lamb or goat meat.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Make slits of 1 inch (3 cm) deep all over the meat.
- Push a few rosemary leaves or a garlic half into each of the slits, using all of the rosemary and most of the garlic.
- Take a large pan and add the oil, turnips, potatoes and the rest of the garlic.
- Put it in the oven and let it coat well.
- Move everything to the side of the pan and put the meat in the middle.
- Roast everything for 1 1/5 to 2 hours.
- Turn the vegetables a couple of times.
- Then put the vegetables and potatoes on a dish and keep them warm.
- Put the meat on a second dish, cover it with foil let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then slice the meat and serve everything.