- 1 lb. Beef and Pork, ground together
- 2 onions
- 1 egg
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/4 c rice
- washed grape leaves
- Fry onions in hot corn oil.
- Add meat and fry until meat is well done.
- Cool mixture slightly and then add egg, rice, seasoning and a spring of dill chopped fine.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Place 1T of mixture in a grape leaf and wrap up in Sarma fashion.
- Place Sarma in deep pan, put 2T hot oil, put 2T flour and fry together.
- Remove from fire, add 1t paprika, 1/2 c hot water.
- Blend and pour over Sarmas. Many prefer to serve it with sour cream.