Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 2 cups black-eyed peas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, natural or roughly grounded peanuts
- ¼ cup water
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Mince onions and sauté lightly until translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes and simmer about 5 minutes to cook down.
- Cook the black-eyed peas and add with all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly mash the peas with a fork.
- Simmer about 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add more water as needed to get a stew-like consistency.
- Serve with rice.