- 1 cup dried peas (or canned peas)
- 1 lb canned corn or 6 ears of fresh corn
- Several potatoes or instant mashed potatoes
- ½ lb pumpkin greens or spinach
- Lima Beans (optional)
- Chopped fried onions (optional)
- Black pepper
- Boil dried peas until détente, drain and set aside.
- Also boil the potatoes, corn, lima beans, and the greens, drain and set aside.
- Mix the fried onions with all the above, add salt & pepper to taste and mash.
- The consistency should be that of firm mashed potatoes.
- You can also add a little bit of butter if desired.
- The leftovers taste great the next day when fried with a bit of oil in a pan.