Makes 80 servings.
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 pounds ground lamb/beef OR a variety of choped up vegetables (Carrots & Cabbage)
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mussala
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Salt (optional)
- 2 pound frozen egg-roll dough, thawed
- Chop the ginger and garlic very fine or if you have a blender until well mashed.
- Add the meat OR vegetables, onions, mussala, curry powder and turmeric.
- Sauté in a heavy frying pan on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- If you opt for the meat, do not add oil and stir occasionally to break up the meat; for the vegetables sauté until nice and done.
- Cut sheets of thawed egg-roll dough into 4 by 4 inch quarters to end up with a nice triangle.
- Put some of the meat OR vegetable mixture in the middle; just about the amount to end up with a nice, neat triangle.
- To secure use a paste made out of flour and water.
- Deep-fat fry the filled samosas, a few at a time, until golden brown.
- They are great to keep in the freezer, and to serve, just thaw and place in a hot oven until hot.