- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 piece of celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 yellow or red sweet pepper cut into strips
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoons ginger (ground)
- 2 cups chicken brest ( cooked and cubed)
- 2 packages Mahatma yellow rice
- Cook rice as directed, but substitute water with tomato juice, and add celery and peppers.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and saute onions, zucchinis and mushrooms.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together chicken broth, soya sauce, ginger and cornstarch, then add to other ingredients in skillet.
- Cook over low heat until it comes to a boil and thickens, and still frequently.
- Add chicken and gently still until hot.
- Serve this on a bed of rice.