- 5 lbs mutton cut into small pieces
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic coursely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2-3 limes) or Old Sour if zest is desired
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- Wash the mutton and leave to soak in lime juice for 30 minuteis and then wash again.
- Put in pot of water and boil for an hour then drain.
- Fry onion, green pepper, garlic, thyme until browned.
- Add paste, mutton and cover with water, salt and peper and let boil until meat is tender.