- 1 lb Oxtail, divided into sections
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tb Fish sauce (nam pya ye)
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 4 c Water
- 1/8 ts Pepper
- 1/2 bn Watercress, divided into stems
- Broil the oxtail in a gas or electric broiler until well roasted and slightly charred, about 15 minutes. Better still, barbecue over charcoal to impart a slightly smoked flavor.
- Put everything except the watercress into a pan, and bring to a boil. Cover the pan and cook over moderately low heat for 1 hour or more to tenderize the meat until it comes away from the bone.
- Add the watercress, cover the pan, and cook for 3 minutes more.