- 1 C. salt fish
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 1/2 c. cubed potatoes, chopped chive, thyme and pepper
- 1 tbsp. melted margarine
- bread crumbs
- Soak fish in cold water for 15 min.
- Drain and shred.
- Combine fish and potatoes, cover with boiling water and boil for 15 min. covered.
- Drain fish and potatoes and mash.
- Add beaten eggs, margarine, onions, chive, thyme and pepper.
- Shape into cakes, roll in bread crumbs and fry in hot oil until brown (3 - 5 min).
- Drain on absorbent or kitchen paper.
Serve with mustard sauce or ketchup dip.