Prep Time 30 Minutes.
Cook Time 20 Minutes.
Ready In 50 Minutes.
- 5 pounds clams in shell, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 pounds chorizo, sliced into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups white wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Wash clams well in a sink of cold water. Discard any clams that are already opened.
- In a large stock pot with a tight fitting lid, place the cleaned clams. Add the sausage, onion, tomatoes and wine. Cover and set over high heat. Steam until all the clams open up. Be sure to shake the pan often to insure even heat.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cooked clams. Evenly divide all the ingredients into warm soup plates. Divide the broth into side cups for dipping.