Yield 4 servings.
- 1 Duck quartered
- 2 Onions sliced
- 10 oz Ground walnuts
- 2 1/2 c Water Salt Pepper
- 4 tb Pomegranate syrup
- 2 tb Sugar
- 2 tb Lemon juice
- Remove all the excess fat from the duck and brown the quarters lightly in a large casserole.
- Lift out the duck and fry the onions until bowned then add the walnuts and 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Season with salt and pepper. Return the duck to the pan adn bring the sauce to the boil.
- Simmer for about an hour until the duck is almost tender.
- Stir the pomegranate syrup and sugar into the lemon juice.
- Skim as much fat as possible from the casserole and then stir in the juice mixture.
- Simmer for another 30 minutes until the sauce is quite dark.
- If the sauce is too thick add a little more water.
- Serve with rice.