Serves 2 to 4.
- 1 Leg of kid, about 3 pounds, membrane and and fat removed
- Wine vinegar
- 3 lg Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tb Paprika
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Ground black pepper
- 2 Ounces pancetta, chopped
- 3 tb Olive oil
- Portuguese-style rice (see recipe)
- Wipe meat with vinegar and wipe dry
- In a food processor, combine garlic, bay leaf, paprika, salt, pepper, pancetta and oil oil. Process to a paste and spread all over kid. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 or 3 hours.
- Roast in a preheated 375F oven until internal temperature reaches 165F, about 1 hour, turning meat after 30 minutes. (Kid is best roasted to the medium stage.) Transfer to platter and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Serve with rice.