Serves 6 to 8.
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 2 tbsp Salad Oil
- 6 oz Tomato paste 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp MABEL'S GREEN SEASONING
- 5 cups cooked rice (2 cups raw rice)
- 1 tsp MABEL'S CARIBBEAN HOT PEPPER SAUCE
- 10 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper 1 medium Onion chopped
- Combine the crushed tomatoes, MABEL'S GREEN SEASONING, Salad oil, MABEL'S CARIBBEAN HOT SAUCE, in sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add tomato paste.
- Mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until lightly brown.
- Remove, drain and crumble.
- Cook onion and green pepper in bacon dripping over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients including tomato sauce, rice and bacon.
- Mix well and simmer over tow heat for 15 minutes.