- Average 1 lb eggplant [Boulanger]
- 1 tbs butter
- touch salt
- 1 small hot pepper
- few leaves shreded basil
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1 tbs ketchup
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 peg of garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- about 1 cup finely ground crackers or bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 sardines or 1 tin chunky tuna [minus the oil]or flaked fried fish
- Blend all ingredients except egg plant and crackers/bread crumbs. Boil eggplants with skin until tender... remove and drain... use a spoon and remove the flesh from the skins. While still warm add the blended ingredients and mix well. Now add the ground crackers/bread crumbs slowly until a consistency is reached whereby pulling the tines of a fork on same will leave firm ridges.
- Place same on a greased shallow pyrex... 9 inch diameter... spreading mixture to about 3/8 inches thick and bake at 320 degrees for 15 to 25 mins. You can play around by grating cheese on mixture while on the pxrex and even add raisins which must be pushed into the mixture.
This same principle can be used for yellow plantains and potatoes. I shall experiment with breadfruit, eddoes, dashine, yams and sweet potatoes as I think the texture is the same.