- 2 1/5 lbs. flour
- 1 pt. water
- 1 1/2 tbs. salt
- 1/2 oz. yeast (1 cake commercial American yeast)
- 1 lb. butter that has been melted and cooled
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean lamb, chopped fine
- 2 lbs. red onions, finely chopped
- 1 stick of butter to fry the chopped meat
- 4 oz. snobar (pine nuts)
- 2 tbs. salt for the meat
- 1 1/2 cups of vinegar or labni
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Sift flour, melt yeast in water and add salt. Pour the yeast mixture gradually on the flour kneading all the while. Allow dough to rest 3 hours. Melt butter and work it into the risen dough. Form dough into small balls.
- Prepare filling: Fry chopped onions in butter until it is a golden brown. Add meat, spices and snobar and stir occasionally. After a few minutes add vinegar and let cook a little longer. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Roll out balls of dough with one finger (in order to remain round). Put some of the filling on the flattened pieces of dough and arrange in a baking pan. Bake in hot oven for a few minutes. Serve hot with yoghurt.