- 2 1/5 lbs. lamb pure lean and completely free of all fat
- 8 1/2 oz. burghul (ground wheat)
- 4 oz. onions
- 2 1/2 tbs. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Grind meat and onions coarsely in a food chopper.
- Then put this mixture into a "Cutter" and add salt and pepper.
- Blend in "Cutter" for about 10 minutes.
- As cutter turns, add small cubes of ice to be ground with the mixture.
- This helps give the meat more consistency.
- At the end of ten minutes start adding the burghul.
- Continue blending ten minutes longer after all burghul has been added.
- Put mixture into a bowl and garnish.
- Serve cold.