- 2 pork ears
- 4 pork feet
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- bay leaf
- parsley sprigs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover meat with water and bring to a boil, remove scum.
- When meat has softened add vegetables and seasonings.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Remove meats from stock, flatten ears and let cool.
- Cut up meat from cooked feet and layer on each ear. Roll up each ear and tie with string, keep weighed down for about 30 minutes.
- Remove strings, place roulades in a deep dish, cover with cooking liquid, chill for several hours.
- Slice roulades, place on serving platter, surround with jelled cooking liquid, sprinkle with cooked carrot slices and decorate with parsley sprigs.
- Serve with marinated beets.