- pork snout, cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 pork foot, cut lengthwise
- 1 pork tail
- 1 cup barley
- 1 cup dried peas, soaked
- 1 cup dried navy beans, soaked
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- salt to taste
- Place all meats into cooking pot, cover with water and cook on low heat until meat is soft.
- Add salt and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Remove meats from cooking liquid, there should be about 3 l (12 cups) of cooking liquid.
- Cook soaked legumes and barley in meat cooking liquid.
- When legumes and grain are done, add potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft and all cooking liquid has evaporated.
- Pour hodgepodge into a deep bowl, make hole in the center and place all cooked meat in it.