- 1/2 k (1 lb) lamb, shoulder cut
- 1 onion chopped; 5 dried boletus mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- seasonings, juniper berries,
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook lamb in salted water, but do not overcook.
- Cut into serving pieces. Cook soaked mushrooms, julienne.
- Place lamb pieces into a braising pot, cover with onion, mushrooms and seasonings, pour 1/2 cup mushroom cooking water, cover and braise for 25-30 minutes.
- When braising is almost done, add sour cream blended with flour, stir to blend.
- Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with potatoes and dill pickles.