- 1 turkey
- 1 k (2 lbs) prunes
- 200 g (3/4 cup) butter
- seasoning mixture, ground cloves, bay leaves, pepper, salt to taste
- Rub turkey, inside and out, with seasonings and fill with prunes.
- Place turkey into roaster, brush with melted butter, pour 1/2 cup water into bottom of roaster, bake in oven, basting often with pan juices.
- Just before turkey is done, cover with sour cream several times.
- To serve, cut bird into serving pieces, arrange in form of bird on platter, cover with pan juices and surround with baked prunes.
- Hot or cold turkey is delicious with cranberry or lingonberry sauce.