Kaurma hingal, a traditional Azerbaijan dish, will decorate your table perfectly. This dish is stewed lamb with garnish made from “boiled rhombuses ”, sprinkled with cheese.
- 1 kg lamb.
- 300 g flour.
- 200 g onion.
- 200 g melted butter.
- lemon acid.
- 1 ea egg.
- 100 g salted cheese (brynza).
- Slice lamb into pieces 25-30 g each, season to taste and sear.
- Chop onion finely and sauté until pale, add it to meat.
- Then add lemon acid, a little broth to meat and stew covered until done.
- Make stiff dough from flour, egg, salt and water and rollout a sheet 1 mm thick.
- Cut our rhombuses and put in boiling water, coo until they float to the surface.
- Put in a colander and let water strain.
- Dress with butter and sprinkle with cheese. Serving, garnish lamb slices with rhombuses.
- Serve matsoni (Caucasian sour milk) with garlic and cinnamon.