Dovga is a traditional Azerbaijan dish. This is pea soup with meatballs made from lamb. The soup is dressed with matsoni (Caucasian sour cream) and can be served both cold and hot.
- 500 g lamb.
- 100 g onion.
- 700 g matsoni.
- 100 g rice.
- 75 g peas, soaked in water before cooking.
- 150 g sorrel.
- greens (cilantro, dill).
- Grind lamb with onion in a mincer, add salt and pepper.
- Knead mincemeat and shape small balls.
- Cook in broth soaked peas, until done.
- Then add rice, sorrel, greens and meatballs, matsoni and salt. Bring to boil and cook until done.