For the marinade
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped scallion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup minced pickled jalapeño pepper, or to taste (wear rubber gloves)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 drops of peppers sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Make the marinade:
In a food processor or blender purée the onion, the scallion, the garlic, the thyme, the salt, the allspice, the nutmeg, the cinnamon, the jalapeño, the black pepper, the Tabasco, the soy sauce, and the oil.
In a large shallow dish arrange the wings in one layer and spoon the marinade over them, rubbing it in (wear rubber gloves). Let the wings marinate, covered and chilled, turning them once, for at least 1 hour or, preferably, overnight.
Arrange the wings in one layer on an oiled rack set over a foil-lined roasting pan, spoon the marinade over them, and bake the wings in the upper third of a preheated 450°F. oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until they are cooked through.