The Giant crab soup with citronelle and sweet potatoes has been prepared by the Seychelles' chef of the restaurant “Café des Iles” in Paris.
- 2 giant crabs
- 1 liter of water
- 1 spoon of soja sauce
- 3 branches of citronelle
- 2 spoons of gratted ginger
- 1 or 2 sliced chilis
- 2 zests of lime
- 1 1 boiled sweet potato
- Fresh mint leaves
- Cook the crabs in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- And cut in 4 pieces.
- Put the 4 pieces of crabs in a frying pan with moderate heat.
- Add the water, leave it to boil, let simmer for a few minutes and scum the surface.
- Pour the broth in a pan and heat for 5 minutes with moderate heat, add the soja sauce, the citronelle finely scliced, the gratted ginger, the chili and the zests of lime.
- Slice the sweet potatoes and dispose them in a plate with the mint leaves.
- Immerse the crabs in the broth for 2 minutes.
- Then add the crab and the broth.