- 1.5kg of fresh tuna fish
- 3 spoons of sunflower oil
- 1 sliced big onion
- 3 garlic gloves
- 1 1/2 spoon of fresh gratted ginger
- 3 sliced chilis
- 1 spoon of curcuma (safran)
- 1/2 spoon of grinded cardamome grains
- 1 1/2 spoon of salt
- coconut milk of 2 coconuts plus the gratted flesh or a tin of coconut milk of 400g
- a few curry leaves
Slice the fresh tuna fish in cubes. Add some salt.
Gently colour the cubes of fish in a frying pan with the oil. Reserve.
And in another pan make the safran & coconut milk sauce.
Put the onion, the garlic gloves, the ginger, the chilli, the safran and leave it to colour.
Add the coconut milk. Put the tuna fish in the sauce and season with salt, cardamome and curry leaves. Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
Remove the cover and cook for a few minutes more until the sauce becomes creamy.
This dish is served with basmati rice, tomato chutney or mango and vegetables achards.