Yield 1 serving.
- 7 lb Chicken parts (legs, thighs & breasts)
- 12 md Carrots cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Head of garlic toes unskinned
- 8 md Brown onions (whole); peeled
- 4 md Potatoes; cut in thirds
- 1/2 lb Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 qt Sauterne wine
- 8 oz Tomato sauce
- Layer as desired.
- However, start with the chicken on the bottom.
- Season to taste.
- Pour over all the wine and tomato sauce.
- Cover with foil and then add the lid.
- Cook over low heat 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
You may use lamb, beef or veal instead of chicken.