- 1 pound top round beef
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped roughly
- One half teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- I (1-inch) piece ginger,
- chopped one quarter teaspoon ground emmo (sichuan pepper, available at large grocery stores)
- 1 tomato, chopped roughly
- One and one half tablespoons churu (blue cheese), crumbled
- 1 cup water
- 2 jalapeno chilies, sliced thinly on diagonal
Cut the beef into thin slices about one eighth inch thick and one and one half to 2 inches square.
Heat the pan over high heat and add the oil. Fry the onion until brown with the paprika, garlic, ginger and emmo. Add the beef and stir-fry until cooked through. Add the tomato and the cheese, and cook until the cheese melts. Add the water and stir in the chilies, cooking for a few minutes more. Serve with bread or rice.