Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 ea Chicken large
- 1/4 lb Salt pork cubed
- 2 ea Onions coarsely chopped
- 1 tb Salt
- 2 tb Butter
- 2 ea Carrots shredded
- 8 ea Potatos cubed
- 1 qt Buttermilk
- 1 ea Garlic clove minced
- 1/2 ts Dill freshly snipped &
- Chopped Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Place in a large heavy pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil lower heat and simmer for 2.
- Remove from the heat cool and remove meat from the bones.
- Skim the fat from the top of the liquid when has cooled.
- Chop the chicken meat into coarse chunks and return to the liquid.
- Fry the salt pork with the onion & garlic until the pork is browned.
- Place the pork pork grease onions potatos carrots & salt into the liquid and then add 1 qt. of hot water.
- Bring to a boil then boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer.
- After 10 more minutes add the buttermilk & butter and cover.
- Cook for 10 minutes more then serve hot.