http://www.dutchmarket.com/ Rudy Supratman
This recipe is very special from a part of traditonal food of Jambi ( Sumatra - Indonesia ). They make a kind of this food only for a special event/ceremony. Do you want to taste it ?
1,5 dsp coriander seeds
1/2 stp cumin
2 dsp white pepper
5 cloves ( cengkih )
2 cm cinnamon
1 cm nutmeg
1 kg beef, cut to 4 x 4 x 1
Roast all these ingredients ( except the beef ) without oil in a pan for about 3 minutes ( stir it regularly ). - Grind all the roasted ingredients to powder and add it onto the beef, mix it well. Set aside.
4 cm fresh turmeric
4 cm fresh ginger
2 cm fresh galangal
6 red peppers
3 cloves garlic
1 stalk crashed lemon grass
1 lt coconut milk
1 stp tamarind, soak it in a cup with 3 dsp of water
salt to taste
1/2 cup of oil
- Grind the turmeric, ginger, galangal, peppers, shallots, and garlic to a smooth paste. - Heat oil in a wok and fry the paste, lemon grass; until fragrant.
- Add the beef (I) together, mix well till there's no more water on it.
- Add coconut milk, stir it well and cook till the beef soft and tender and the sauce getting thick.
- Finally, add tamarind water and cook again for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped fried shallots.