- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 500 g Diced lamb
- 2 teaspoons Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon Grated fresh ginger
- 300 g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Grated palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- 1 cup Water
- Heat the cooking oil in a large heavy-based pan.
- Add the lamb in batches and cook over high heat until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add the chili powder, lemon grass and ginger to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Return the meat to the pan with the sweet potato, sugar, lime juice and water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.